At Tattoolya, we perform body piercings with complete professionalism. There is currently not a full-time body piercer at the studio, but Conrad will be visting us as a guest to carry out any piercings you may need.
The following body piercings are available from Tattoolya: Ear lobe, Tragus, Inner conch, Outer conch, Upper ear, Navel, Surface, Nose, Septum, Bridge, Monroe, Labret, Lip, Tongue, Web, Horizontal nipple, Vertical nipple
Hygiene and sterilization:
We take pride in the excellent hygiene standards of our studio.
What to look for in a body piercer:
- Our studio is thoroughly cleaned throughout on a daily basis.
- All disposables are used once and after use, disposed of immediately in bio-hazard bins which are taken away for incineration by Steinmed once a week.
- All needles and scalpals are used once and after use, disposed of immediately in bio-hazard sharps bins which are taken away for incineration by Steinmed.
- All stainless steel equipment is thoroughly scrubbed, placed in an ultrasonic and scrubbed again.
All instruments are sealed in autoclave bags and sterlised in a hospital autoclave.
- Professional body piercers DO NOT use piercing guns, only disposable needles.
- They must be willing and able to answer all of your questions.
- They should be patient when being questioned by a nervous customer.
- They should tell you everything you need to know without you having to ask.
- The piercer shouldn't want to get the procedure over with as quickly as possible.
- The piercer should tell you whether or not it suits you.
- The piercer should use single use disposable needles and the correct clamps.
- A piercer should never have attitude towards a customer (providing the customer isn't drunk and obnoxious).
- The customer should have confidence in the piercer.
- If the piercer leaves you with little or no trust in them, find another more trustworthy one.